Monday, February 9, 2009

well, hey there. you come here often?

well.
maybe i've got too much unstructured internet time.
maybe i don't have enough face-to-face interactions with real humans
maybe overexposure to "25 things about me" lists on facebook* has tricked me into think that people are really deeply concerned with the minutiae of other random people's lives.
maybe a disproportionate number among my acquaintance have blogs...and granted, they all have cultivated nichey expertise , or 30-some-odd years of writing experience, or hilarious contributors...but hey! i've got...y'know...little, unrelated, mental gobbits i sometimes wish i had a forum for....

and maybe i should just be doing other things right now, and see this as a long term investment in procrastination.

regardless, you can see i've given into the inevitable (?) and gotten myself a blog. i didn't know it just took a gmail account and about three mouse clicks. so easy to go ahead and make the commitment... sort of like buying a puppy at the pet shop. except that a puppy won't be documented forever in google cache and probably render you unemployable sometime in the future.

anyway, i'll be talking about pretty much anything. my interests are wide-ranging, my qualifications minimal, and my entertainment value... well, i guess we'll see.


* (countdown until that reference is dated: t-3 days. thanks, internet age!)

2 comments:

  1. yeah, but you pretty much get all my mental gobbits as they come, will ye nil ye, given that you live with me.

    ReplyDelete